Use the Power! of your voice and your vote, and volunteer with your union to help elect leaders who are pro-infrastructure and share our priorities.
Our Priorities & Values
- Especially now, LIUNA members and all working people deserve leaders who will focus on:
- Creating family-sustaining jobs with living wages, including supporting prevailing wage protections for construction workers
- Protecting working peoples’ freedom to negotiate a fair return on work
- Providing affordable health care and retirement security to ensure our members can retire with dignity
- Advancing all workers’ freedom to prosper and care for their families
Make a Plan to Vote
You can choose to cast your vote in three ways: mail-in ballot, early in-person and at your poll in-person on Election Day. Find out where to vote, how to vote early and voting hours at MNVotes.org.
We believe Joe Biden is the best choice for the good-paying jobs our members work on. Joe Biden is committed to protecting your prevailing wages, the basis of our great healthcare and pension funds.
The Trump Administration is pushing a new plan that would cut Laborers' wages by half by changing the way the prevailing wage rate is calculated, shifting from a Davis-Bacon survey to the use of the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) wage data. Changing to BLS would be devastating to your family. In a second term, the Trump Administration could immediately set in motion a change in the survey method to the BLS calculation – WITHOUT an act from Congress. Learn more about what is at stake for Laborers this election.
LIUNA is proud to support Tina Smith for U.S. Senate, Dan Feehan for Congress (D - First District), U.S. Representative Angie Craig (D - Second District), U.S. Representative Dean Phillips (D - Third District), U.S. Representative Tom Emmer (R - Sixth District), U.S. Representative Collin Peterson (D - Seventh District) and U.S. Representative Pete Stauber (R - Eighth District).