Chartered on February 9, 1918 by the Laborers International Union of North America (LIUNA), LIUNA Local 405 is based in Rochester and led by Business Manager Sheldon Steele.
The local is responsible for:
- Enforcing rights under collective bargaining agreements
- Assisting members in finding employment through its referral service or hiring hall
- Providing apprenticeship and training programs
- Enforcing legal rights, such as those extended to workesr under the National Labor Relations Act
- Promoting job safety as guaranteed under OSHA
- Protecting against discrimination in employment by enforcing both contract rights and legal rights such as those found in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
Local 405 is governed by an Executive Board and serves nearly 1,000 members and active retirees and their families across the Rochester and Southeast Minnesota.
Local 405 members perform the following work: HIghway heavy, building construction, demolition, restoration, construciotn supervision, pipeline construction & maintenance, wind, solar, environmental remediation, commercial cleaning, and landscape/erosion control.
Local 405 members are proud of their work on the Gonda Building, Highway 52, Highway 43 Winona Bridge, local schools, Mayo Clinic, MNDOT District 6 facility, Rochester Civic Center, Rochester International Airport, Ronald McDonald House expansion, Saint Mary's Generose addition and the Winona & Dresbach bridges over the Mississippi River.
Local 405 supports a vairety of organizations and causes, including United Service Organizations (USO), Wounded Warrior, Channel 1 food bank, Eagles Cancer Telethon, Rochester Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, and Toys for Tots.
For more information visit www.liuna405.org