LIUNA organizers and staff can support you in several ways to complete the Proud Member program.
Earn LIUNA apparel when you complete four qualifying activities:
- Attend a Proud Member Training (required): Learn about our union’s history and how we continue to build power on the job, at the ballot box and in the Capitol to create safe family-supporting careers and benefits.
- Political Campaigns: Learn about our political priorities and endorsed candidates here. Volunteer to make phone calls, knock on voters’ doors, and deliver lawn signs for endorsed candidates during Summer and Fall.
- Meetings with Elected Officials: You can affect change by directly sharing your values and priorities during a lobby visit with your elected officials. Laborers are compelling voices about issues that impact frontline workers and our families.
- Tell Your Story: LIUNA members shape the opinions of the public and win the support of lawmakers and regulators to improve our work and lives by showing up and telling their stories during public hearings, press conferences and rallies.
- Direct Actions and Visibility: You can volunteer throughout the year at Union-sponsored to make sure we are seen and heard at rallies, public forums, banner actions and more.
- Follow @LIUNAMinnesota on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter: Stay updated and amplify our union priorities by sharing and discussing our posts.
Did you know you can earn Local Union gear?
Sample Proud Member gear. Actual gear earned will differ based on availability and Union Local.
Northern Minnesota Proud Member Training
Join us for a Northern Minnesota Proud Member Training
7:45 AM to 12:00 PM
LIUNA Local 1097 | 712 4th St N, Virginia, MN 55792
Sign up for a day of action at the Capitol to meet with your state lawmakers and tell them why you are concerned about safe and clean drinking water, fixing roads and bridges, clean energy jobs, broadband worker safety and preventing worker exploitation on publicly-financed housing projects.
Saint Paul, MN