Showing up to your precinct caucus and becoming a convention delegate is the best way to make a difference. Regardless if you consider yourself a Democrat, Republican or Independent, we need political candidates and our neighbors to understand working people’s values and priorities in order to thrive. This is a bipartisan training offered by the Local 1091 to help you understand what to expect at your caucus meeting.
To RSVP, email [email protected] or call 218-728-5151.
Here are other important dates & details:
- Precinct caucuses start at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, February 25. Plan to arrive by 6:45 p.m.
- Find your precinct caucus location: http://caucusfinder.sos.state.mn.us/
- In order to participate, you must be 18 years old on November 3, 2020, live in the precinct, be a U.S. citizen and resident of Minnesota for 20 days, and fulfill all parts of any felony sentence.
- Caucuses may vary slightly in procedures, but in general, attendees will elect caucus leadership, officers and delegates to the county or district conventions; present, discuss and vote on party resolutions; begin the formal process to select candidates that represent the party.
- The caucus method used is repeated at the following larger political party gatherings: senate/county district conventions, congressional district conventions, state conventions and, in a presidential election like this year, the national convention.
- Minnesota Primary Election: Tuesday, March 3.
- For the latest, follow LIUNA Minnesota & North Dakota on Facebook.
Laborers lead by example and by simply showing up to caucuses, you will be an influencer of our collective future. Please don’t miss the chance to make your voice heard.